This is my new book. It will be available in paperback on October 30, 2018, and Kindle on September 30, 2018. It is the true story of the men who condemned and crucified Jesus Christ.
I have been a registered Republican since my first Presidential vote for Ronald Reagan. Much has happened in my life since being an eighteen-year-old. I have served an LDS mission, married my beautiful wife before turning 22, college, had seven children, eight grandchildren, 35 years in a finance career, and over twenty years involved in the political process in Utah. But one thing has not changed, my principles. I know who I am and the things that are most important to me, God, Family, and Country. My parents taught me conservative values, to love God and my country. They instilled a desire to learn history so that I would have a better appreciation for our forefathers and the great men and women who sacrificed much so that we could have this blessed and free country. Yes, much has changed since my 18th birthday, my skin has more wrinkles, my hair is white, I have learned a lot in the school of hard knocks, and I have learned that wisdom is much more important than intelligence. I have known many smart and educated people in my life that lacked the wisdom to make the best choices. I will never try to please everyone, only to do my best and to act with honesty and integrity. I firmly believe that when you do your best, the Lord will do the rest.
My Core Beliefs:
- GOD: Our US Constitution was given to us by the hand of divine providence. Our Utah Constitution was likewise patterned. If elected, I will swear an oath to uphold the Constitution and to always vote according to its principles. Any powers not enumerated to the Federal Government are left to the States.
- FAMILY: The family is the core unit of society and ordained of God. Good government must always be patterned after the family, and as close to home as possible. Personal accountability is better at solving our social and economic issues than the government.
- COUNTRY: The United States of America is the promised land of freedom. Limited government and limited taxation is the best way to protect our liberty and freedom as guaranteed in our Republic.
Too often our elected officials forget that they are servants of the people and that they should always consider legislation based on how it will impact the people, and if it follows the Constitution. As Republicans, we believe in personal liberty and limited government which also means limited regulations and fair and limited taxation. These beliefs are also contained in our Utah Republican Party Platform, which every Republican candidate promises to uphold.
Republican legislators should never propose or support laws or resolutions that are in contrast to our Constitution and our Platform. If our State has a surplus (it was over $500,000,000 in 2018) that money does not belong to the State, it belongs to the taxpayers. With a surplus of such magnitude, the last thing a Republican legislator should do is vote to increase taxes! Yet, many Republicans, including my opponent did just that.
If elected, I will always make my decisions based on the following,
- Is it constitutional?
- Does it follow the Party Platform I promised to uphold?
- Will it benefit the citizens?
- Does it limit their liberty?
- Is it good for Utah?
I will do my best to represent Utah as a principled Constitutional Republican, and I will always vote with my community in mind.
(March 13, 2018, 11:32 AM)
Today I filed to be a candidate for Utah House of Representatives District 19.
I have made the decision to run because I believe my values align with the platform of the Utah Republican Party and the residents of my district.
Running for political office can be intimidating. But I have the confidence and courage that despite the opposition and character attacks that are all too common in political races, the voters in my district will see through the rhetoric and discern the truth and choose the candidate they believe will best represent their voices.
I will honor the Governing Documents of the UTGOP and run my campaign through the convention process, only.
I welcome your support.
“You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston S. Churchill